It’s hard to find work more satisfying than the ministry of rescue, of helping the homeless, hungry, and hurting find new life and transformation. It’s truly eternal work!
The Phoenix Rescue Mission has been serving the community’s homeless and working poor since 1952. Employees are expected to commit to the precepts in our Statement of Faith and to help the Mission fulfill its Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Values shown below.
Our hope for you is that you find working at the Mission not only enjoyable but also fulfilling as we walk in Christ’s footsteps, helping our brothers and sisters in need. Come join us in our work of rescue!
Please use the link below to learn more about this position and apply.
Responsible for increasing financial support, community awareness, understanding, perception, and involvement in support of the Phoenix Rescue Mission. Design, implement, and actively participate in fundraising and stewardship programs for major and mid-level gifts, planned giving, capital campaigns, and special events. Maintain knowledge of the Mission's programs, services, financial needs, strategy, and governance. Responsible for managing and leading the Major and Mid-Level Giving staff.
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan for all aspects of major, mid-level, individual, corporate, foundation, and planned giving; evaluate results and report progress to CEO.
- Oversee and assist with all major and mid-level donor cultivation and new donor acquisition.
- Supervise and actively participate in all major and mid-level gift development and stewardship activities, including work with individuals, corporations, foundations, churches, ministries and community partners.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit gifts from individuals, selected corporations and foundations by building long-term relationships through personal visits, phone and written correspondence.
- Create, implement and lead a moves-management strategy for each mid- and major-level donor in the Leadership Giving team portfolio.
- Develop and coach staff members on a continual basis to enhance their effectiveness in work related activities.
- Demonstrate ethical leadership with a strong commitment to Christian Biblical principles and methods.
- Partner with the Development and Marketing teams to create, maintain and execute a communication matrix including, but not limited to, all thank, ask and inform communications, as well as stewardship strategies for an identified cohort of high potential current donors.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership team re: organizational objectives and key results monitoring and achievement.
- Develop and manage an annual budget and monitor expenses on an as needed basis to ensure costs are maintained; explain variances to appropriate leadership.
- Cultivate relationship with PRM Board of Directors to encourage participation and giving.
- Develop and implement planned giving program by building awareness among existing and prospective individual donors of planned gift options and benefits.
- Coordinate capital campaign planning and execution as directed by the CEO.
- Serve as Mission liaison with any consultants engaged to assist development efforts.
- Approve and monitor Mission involvement with special fundraising projects sponsored by interested groups or individuals.
- Coordinate donor research to assist in the acquisition of major gifts.
- Coordinate and monitor records and files necessary to track the progress of key donors and comply with all reporting and legal requirements.
- Actively participate in Senior Leadership Team and Mission meetings and functions, attend Board and other assigned meetings as requested.
- Lead or participate in devotions, prayers or other organizational activities that promote a credible Christian witness and lifestyle.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized 4 year College or University. An advanced degree is preferred in fields related to fund development and/or business administration.
- 5 years of practical experience in philanthropy and/or fundraising.
- 3 years of successful Major Gifts’ fundraising or applicable business/sales background.
- Experience supervising a diverse group of individuals in a fundraising environment.
- Proven success in all facets of direct and indirect donor solicitation strategies.
- Experience in working with and making presentations to Board of Directors, top management and public groups.
- Knowledge of rescue missions and/or other non-profit fund development programs.
- CFRE certified preferred
- Excellent communication skills. This includes the ability to make presentations using PowerPoint to diverse audiences as well as the ability to refine proposals and reports for specific donors and partners.
- Ability to respond in a professional manner to common inquiries or complaints from donors, outside agencies and/or members of the business community.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- A command of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Raisers Edge or similar database system
- Write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Professional manner, appearance and communications.
- A solid and credible Christian witness and lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions.
- Flexible schedule, position requires occasional weekend and evening responsibilities.
- Meet and maintain the requirements of being an approved driver and driving a personal vehicle on PRM business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee will occasionally lift and/ or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Phoenix Rescue Mission respects, values, and welcomes diversity in the workplace. The Mission will not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of gender/sex, race, color, age, national origin, genetic information, disability status, or any other factor protected by the laws applicable to the Mission.
The Mission will consider requests for reasonable accommodation by applicants or employees with a disability. This policy applies to all areas of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, or other aspects of employment.
A leading provider of Christ-centered life transforming solutions to persons facing hunger, homelessness, addiction, and trauma.
Transformed lives transforming our city.
- Servant Leadership: We highly value and intentionally serve each other, our clients, and our ministry partners, leading by following Christ's example of servant leadership and teamwork.
- Empowerment: We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional empowerment of each other, our clients, and our ministry partners; encouraging and equipping each other for successful Christian living.
- Restoration: We believe that we first exist to glorify God, and with Christ's love, seek to restore persons to a right relationship with God, self, and others.
- Vision: We were created on purpose, for a purpose. We dream big and don't let fear steal our calling. We allow God to enlarge our dreams.
- Excellence: We provide excellent services with integrity, achieve exceptional results, impact our community, and are innovative and collaborative in our approach.
- Stewardship: We are responsible for the time, talents, and treasures entrusted to us by God and our ministry partners and strive to maximize the impact of these resources.