A leading provider of Christ-centered life transforming solutions to person facing hunger, homelessness, addiction, and trauma.
Love, hope and transformation to every neighbor in the Valley.
We Follow Jesus
At Phoenix Rescue Mission, people continuously give glory and thanks to God. We live out our faith by spending time in the Word, sharing the Good News, praying with each other regularly and worshiping in community. We serve our neighbors in need as the hands and feet of Jesus.
We Love and Respect One Another
Individuals at Phoenix Rescue Mission are committed to making time for relationships and are a blessing to others. We put people first and have a servant’s heart. We bravely and gently engage with each other when delivering or receiving difficult feedback. Whenever needed, we seek to restore relationships. We don’t just prioritize our own individual needs but also the needs of other people.
We Go the Extra Mile
The successful person at Phoenix Rescue Mission goes above and beyond. He or she is proactive, thorough and engaged. We take initiative. He or she communicates and collaborates well so they and others can be successful. We persevere through challenges and setbacks for the good of the mission.
We Steward Everything Wisely
Individuals at Phoenix Rescue Mission believe all our resources come from the Lord and must be valued and cared for. We put the Mission in a position to effectively serve the needs of our community now and in the future. We spend wisely, use time effectively, invest in our personal development, and freely share our knowledge and expertise.
Statement of Faith
Those individuals associated with carrying out the purpose of Phoenix Rescue Mission shall follow these Scripture principles, to best align with our Mission, Vision and Values:
We believe God is Love:
To know true love is to know Jesus Christ. His love promises to heal and not to harm. His love offers hope and light in darkness. His love is perfect. The demonstration of His love is revealed through His word, His deity and His son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, ultimately authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (1 Peter 1:2)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, He was born of a virgin. (Matthew 1:23)
We believe in God’s Grace:
All humanity came into the world as lost sinners needing salvation. Grace, the undeserved love of God, did what no man could and reconciled mankind back to God. This kind gift presented to humanity the opportunity for eternal life through Jesus Christ.
- We believe man is redeemed by Jesus’ atoning death through His shed blood. (Revelation 5:9)
- We believe Jesus was bodily resurrected and ascended into heaven, and that He will come again in power and great glory. (1 Thessalonians 4:17)
- We believe individuals are saved through a direct, personal encounter with the risen Lord, at which time the Holy Spirit regenerates them. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whom Christ indwells each believer, enabling him or her to live a godly life of obedience as he or she reaches for maturity. (Acts 2:1-4)
We believe God Restores:
Unconditional forgiveness is offered to all who choose to accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior. His forgiveness is enveloped with restoration. He restores the brokenness of man by offering peace and joy as a suitable replacement. A spiritual heart transformation is the end result.
- We believe every person is to be given compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31)
- We believe the Holy Spirit unites all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that together they form one body, one church. (Philippians 2:2)
- We believe God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
We believe God Transforms:
The gift of being transformed into the image of Jesus Christ is given to all humanity. Although we will never be perfect in our earthly bodies, we can be presented faultless before the Father by living a lifestyle which strives to reflect Jesus Christ in every area.
- We believe we are instruments of God’s love on the earth and we are to deliberately seek to love our neighbor. (Matthew 22:36-40)
- We believe in the gift of Christ’s forgiveness, which we are to reciprocate in our forgiveness of others. (Luke 23:34)
- We believe is striving to live holy, blameless lives before God by seeking the mind of Christ daily. (Romans 12:1-2)
We believe in the Sanctity of Marriage:
The ministry of marriage is the divine institution of man and woman sharing a life together in holy matrimony. The beauty of marriage, in the uniting of two hearts, illustrates Christ’s intentionality of being married to the church.
- We believe God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27)
- We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Genesis 2:18-25)
- We believe God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4)
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Phoenix Rescue Mission’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Directors is Phoenix Rescue Mission’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.