No matter your skills or talents, no matter how much time you’ve got, whether you’re an individual or part of a group . . . you can begin to transform a life today!
To sign up, fill out the Volunteer Application and let us know how you would like to serve!
Once you're accepted you can always schedule a time by contacting Volunteer Services at (602) 346-3363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register yourself or your group as a volunteer for any of our events, contact Volunteer Services at (602) 346-3363 or email@example.com.
- Code Red | Summer 2015Help us save lives this summer through Code Red! Items we're collecting include cases of bottled water, socks, hats, sunglasses, and more. Learn more about Code Red, find dropoff locations, and stay up-to-date of progress by going to www.PhoenixRescueMission.org/CodeRed. Can you organize a Code Red drive this summer?
- BYOPopsicles Days | June 1 - July 31On Mondays through Fridays from 2-4pm between June 1 and July 31, yo'ure invited to bring 100+ popsicles to hand out over at the Mission. During the hot summer months, this is a practical way to help the people on the streets escape the heat. Kids are welcome! (With an adult of course.) Contact Volunteer Services to schedule your day.
- Back-to-School Event | July 25Yes, school is just getting out but we are already planning our Back-to-School Event for homeless and needy kids for Saturday, July 25. We need 900 filled backpacks and uniform sponsorships. Please contact Volunteer Services to participate in the event or to set up a drive.
Looking to serve for a few hours? Whether you want to volunteer once or often, we could really use your help! Here are some opportunities that may fit your schedule and take place regularly.
- Community Market Individual and group volunteers are welcome to help clean, package, and organize food items to give away to struggling neighbors at our Community Market. Food box preparation is every Monday 2:00-4:00 p.m., and the Market is open every Tuesday 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Hope Coach
- Riders Ride along with the Hope Coach van, a truly moving outreach ministry! Join Chaplain Cliff in hitting the streets of Phoenix to distribute food, water, hygiene kits, and other items to homeless men, women, and families. You can also pray for these homeless neighbors and encourage them to come to our shelter. Volunteers must be 18 or over.
- Hope Coach Sack Meals We need 100 meals per day, 6 days per week. Meals are taken to homeless folks on the street. These can be made off-site in your home with friends, family or small group. Click here for instructions for Hope Sack meals.
- Hope Totes hygiene kits As part of the Hope Coach ministry, we provide Hope Totes in gallon-sized re-sealable bags. Click here for instructions on making Hope Totes.
- Please call 602-346-3363 to schedule your delivery of either sack meals or hygiene bags.
- Meal Preparation at the Mission Channel your inner sous chef and help our kitchen staff prepare meals for 200-plus people. On Monday through Friday, Lunch prep is 9:00-11:00 a.m. while dinner prep is 1:30-4:00 p.m. On Saturday and Sunday, lunch prep is from 9:30-11:30 a.m. (Breakfast prep and service are combined on Monday-Friday, 5:30-8:00 a.m. and Saturday-Sunday, 7:00-9:30 a.m.)
- Food Service at the Mission Opportunities to serve breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the Mission are available to volunteers ages 14 and over (under 18 with adult supervision). On Monday through Friday, breakfast prep and service is 5:30-8:00 a.m., lunch is 11:15 a.m.-1:00 p.m., and dinner is 4:15-7:00 p.m. On Saturday and Sunday, breakfast prep and service is 7:00-9:30 a.m. and lunch is 12:30-2:30 p.m. Reserve your spot today!
- Food Service at the Changing Lives Center Encourage the ladies and children at the CLC dining hall by being there to serve meals to 100+ people. Meal service volunteers are needed on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 7:00-9:00 a.m. for breakfast, 12:00-2:00 p.m. for lunch, and 4:00-6:00 p.m. for dinner. We also need folks to prepare sack meals on Wednesdays from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Learning Centers We are in GREAT need of math tutors, Monday through Friday, 10am-12pm OR 12pm- 2pm. Tutors are also needed to lead job readiness programs including resume workshops, interview skills and preparation, financial coaching, and GED preparation.
High Impact Opportunities
Looking for a long-term commitment as a volunteer? Do you have a skill that could help others? Consider becoming a High Impact Partner! Here are a few opportunities:
- Childcare at the Changing Lives Center If you would love to rock a baby, teach a 2-year-old his ABCs, or spend some quality time with amazing kids, then working with the CLC Children’s Department is for you. Opportunities include teacher’s assistants and childcare helpers. (A Level One Fingerprint Clearance and a negative TB test is required.)
- Female Physical Fitness Trainer If you are a certified personal trainer or aerobics instructor, we need you to help teach classes at the CLC.
- AdministrationWe need of a team of volunteer receptionists and administrative aids to help for a few hours, Mon-Friday, at the Mission Support Center, our administrative offices, located at 1468 N. 26th Avenue in Phoenix.
- Licensed Plumbers, Electricians, and Construction Industry Professionals Be part of a team that helps with repairs and other needs at our facilities.
- Worship Leaders, Singers, or Part of a Worship Band We want to create a regular rotation of teams to lead in our Sunday night chapel services at the Mission. Audition required.