No matter your skills or talents, no matter how much time you’ve got, whether you’re an individual or part of a group . . . you can begin to transform a life today!
To sign up, fill out the Volunteer Application and let us know how you would like to serve!
Once you're accepted you can always schedule a time by contacting Volunteer Services at (602) 346-3363 or email@example.com.
To register yourself or your group as a volunteer for any of our events, contact Volunteer Services at (602) 346-3363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thanksgiving Food Box Delivery| November 19, 2016 We are excited to serve the families in our community who could use a Thanksgiving Dinner with all the Trimmings! We will need volunteer help from9 am-1pm. We also need donations of Fill-A-Bags and Frozen Turkeys. We expect to deliver boxes to 700 families.
Volunteer Drivers greatly needed for our Food Box Delivery Event on Saturday, November 19th
We will be serving 700 families a Thanksgiving meal this year. You will have the opportunity to deliver holiday food boxes along with a frozen turkey to those not able to provide Thanksgiving dinner themselves. If you are not able to deliver boxes, but would still like to help, you can do so by providing a holiday food box for these families.
This event will take place on Saturday, November 19th. If you would like to participate, please contact Volunteer Services: email@example.com or call (602) 346-3363
It is time for our Christmas Spirit to come out and play!
Our Winter Wondeland Christmas Event is scheduled for Saturday, December 17th this year!
Here are a couple of ways you can participate:
- Hold a toy drive
- Parent gifts
- Christmas wrapping paper and tape
- Volunteer at the event as a chaperone, gift wrapper, Santa's helpers, and many more!
If you are interested, please contact volunteer services: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (602) 346-3363
MOMs (Mentoring our Moms)
Do you love to help young Moms with their parenting challenges? If so, we want you!
Calling all MOMs (Mentoring our Moms). As a mentor to one of our clients at the Changing Lives Center, you will advise and encourage a Mom in her parenting plans and goals. You will be helping her grow in her parenting skills and in her role as a Mother and leader to her children. The commitment is two hours per month for six months. Call Melissa at (480) 346-3388 to find out more or to set up an interview.
Looking to serve for a few hours? Whether you want to volunteer once or often, we could really use your help! Here are some opportunities that may fit your schedule and take place regularly.
- Do you speak a little Spanish? We need a few bi-lingual folks to help with Community Market and Community Closet the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month. Contact Volunteer Services if you can help at 602-346-3363 or email@example.com.
- Boutique Assistants - Love clothes and helping others? We are looking for a few ladies to help with our client boutique at the Changing Lives Center, where the women can shop and trade for themselves and their children. For more information, contact Yadira at 602-346-3363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Closet - Help Needed! We need several folks to help sort and hang clothes for our new Community Closet on Mondays from 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m. and to help our shoppers on Tuesdays from 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month. The Closet is on the Community Services Campus at 1801 S. 35th Avenue in Phoenix.
- Community Market Individual and group volunteers are welcome to help clean, package, and organize food items to give away to struggling neighbors at our Community Market on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month. Days we need help include:
- Fridays, 12:00-1:30p.m.: First shift of food box packing for Saturday
- Fridays, 1:30-3:00 p.m.: Second shift of food box packing for Saturday
- Fridays, 3:00-4:00p.m.: Clean up from packing food boxes
- Saturday 9:00a.m.-12:00 p.m.: Food box distribution to individuals and families
- Hope Coach
- Riders Ride along with the Hope Coach van, a truly moving outreach ministry! Hit the streets of Phoenix with one of our trained team leaders to distribute food, water, hygiene kits, and other items to homeless men, women, and families. You can also pray for these homeless neighbors and encourage them to come to our shelter. Volunteers must be 18 or over.
- Hope Coach Sack Meals We need 100 meals per day, 6 days per week. Meals are taken to homeless folks on the street. These can be made off-site in your home with friends, family or small group. Click here for instructions for Hope Sack meals.
- Hope Totes hygiene kits As part of the Hope Coach ministry, we provide Hope Totes in gallon-sized re-sealable bags. Click here for instructions on making Hope Totes.
- Please call 602-346-3363 to schedule your delivery of either sack meals or hygiene bags.
- Food Service at the Community Services Center - Opportunities to prepare and serve breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the CSC are available to volunteers ages 14 and over (under 18 requires adult supervision). On Monday through Friday, breakfast prep and service is 5:30-8:00 a.m., lunch prep is 9:00-11:00 a.m., lunch service is 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., dinner prep is 1:30-4:00 p.m., and dinner service is 4:30-7:00 p.m. On weekends, Saturday lunch service is from 12:00-2:00 p.m. and Sunday dinner service is from 3:00-5:30 p.m. Reserve your spot today!
- Food Service at the Changing Lives Center - Encourage the ladies and children at the CLC dining hall by being there to serve meals to 100+ people. 4 meal service volunteers are needed Monday-Friday from 10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Fill-A-Bag, Feed-A-Family - How does it work? Your neighbors commit to giving a small amount of food every two months, which will provide a steady supply of non-expired, nutritious food to serve those in need. We are off to a running start in Phoenix, Tempe, Buckeye, Mesa, and Fountain Hills, where a percentage of bags collected will go directly to Christ-centered food pantries in the areas of participating fellowships in this metro-wide program. We are hoping to stir the body of Christ in unity to display the love of Jesus to our city. If you are interested in volunteering or getting more information about Fill-A-Bag, Feed-A-Family, click here to see the info page or contact our Mission Sharing Coordinator, Tom Crandall, at (602)346-3383 or email@example.com.
- Learning Center Tutors - Tutors are needed to lead job readiness programs including resume workshops, interview skills and preparation, financial coaching, and GED preparation.
- Childcare at the Changing Lives Center - If you would love to rock a baby, teach a 2-year-old his ABCs, or spend some quality time with amazing kids, then working with the CLC Children’s Department is for you. Opportunities include teacher’s assistants and childcare helpers. (A Level One Fingerprint Clearance and negative TB test are required.)
High Impact Opportunities
Looking for a long-term commitment as a volunteer? Do you have a skill that could help others? Consider becoming a High Impact Partner! Here are a few opportunities:
- Volunteer Case Managers Another urgent need! We are looking for a team of volunteer case managers to partner with Mission staff. What does this mean? You would meet one-on-one with clients to help determine areas of need and direct them to resources. No worries, we will train you! If you have a desire to directly help those less fortunate, this is a wonderful opportunity.
- Pastoral Care Partners Do you have a compassionate, caring personality? Do you have a strong Christian background? Are you comfortable in a hospital setting? Perhaps you already have a chaplaincy certification or are a retired minister. If this is you, you may be just the right person to be the Mission’s first volunteer Pastoral Care Partner. We are looking for someone to enhance ongoing relationships with Phoenix Rescue Mission donors who have given so much to the Mission and are now in need of pastoral care themselves due to illness and/or hospitalization. This position will include weekly documented visits, follow-up phone calls and writing encouraging notes. We are looking for someone who can give a 3-6 month commitment and would work together with our Legacy Giving Officer. Local travel with your own vehicle would be required. Meet people with similar values and beliefs and be a part of the caring Phoenix Rescue Mission team.
- Receptionist Help at Community Services Center We need some folks to help welcome people at our Community Services Center. Shifts will be from 8:00am - 12:00pm or 12:00pm – 4:00pm, Monday-Friday. If you could give one morning or afternoon a week, we would love to hear from you!
- Worship Leaders, Singers, or Part of a Worship Band We want to create a regular rotation of teams to lead in our Sunday night chapel services at the Community Services Center. Audition required.