No matter your skills or talents, no matter how much time you’ve got, whether you’re an individual or part of a group . . . you can begin to transform a life today!
To sign up, fill out the Volunteer Application and let us know how you would like to serve!
Once you're accepted you can always schedule a time by contacting Volunteer Services at (602) 346-3363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register yourself or your group as a volunteer for any of our events, contact Volunteer Services at (602) 346-3363 or email@example.com.
- Winter Wonderland Community Event | December 19, 2015We are collecting new, unwrapped toys for needy children. We are also collecting small household items and personal gifts for their moms and dads. We will then have a shopping area where the moms/dads can come and “shop” for their children for Christmas. This will be a great way for parents to provide Christmas for their children. This will enable them to pick out their children’s Christmas presents instead of someone else doing that for them. The children will also be able to “shop” for mom and dad and then also wrap the gifts they picked for them.
- Volunteers neededSet up and tear down, run activity stations, wrap gifts, and chaperone kids as they get their Christmas gifts
- Donations neededYou can sign up to sponsor a child for Christmas and bring new unwrapped toys and children's games, stuffed animals for the babies who come, and gifts for parents (sheets, pans, dishes, towels, blankets, other household items). We also need donations for the event including: hot chocolate, marshmallows, candy, and sugar cookies and frosting to decorate.
Drives for the Holidays
The holidays have arrived! We're planning to help hundreds and hundreds of families, but we need supplies to do it. Can you help?
For sign up information or to do a drive with your church, business, or group, contact Gail Engstrom, Special Events Coordinator (602)346-3372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Christmas Food Boxes
- Frozen Turkeys
- New, Unwrapped Toys for Winter Wonderland
- Household Items (for parents) for Winter Wonderland
Looking to serve for a few hours? Whether you want to volunteer once or often, we could really use your help! Here are some opportunities that may fit your schedule and take place regularly.
- What is Fill-A-Bag, Feed-A-Family?Fill-A-Bag, Feed-A-Family is a new outreach of the Mission. We're partnering with local churches and organizations to provide quality, non-perishable food for our weekly food box delivery to hundreds of families. How does it work? You put together a team of neighbors who commit to giving a small amount of food every two months, which will provide a steady supply of non-expired, nutritious food to serve those in need. Click here to learn how Fill-A-Bag, Feed-A-Family works.
- More Weekend Sack Lunches NeededWe need 800 sack meals for Saturdays and Sundays at the Community Services Center. Could your family or group help? Any amount provided would be appreciated…200…400…or more. Sack Meals can be delivered any time on Fridays. Call the Volunteer Hotline at 602-346-3363 to schedule your delivery.
- Sunday Night DinnerIf you have a group of 10-20 and would like to help make dinner on Sunday night at the Community Services Center a special occasion, we are looking for groups to provide a hot, evening meal at 4:30. This would entail providing the food, preparing it, and serving it. For church groups, the meal could be followed by teaching and worship for our 6:00pm Recovery Program Chapel.
- Community ClosetHelp Needed! We need several folks to help sort and hang clothes for our new Community Closet on Mondays from 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m. and to help our shoppers on Tuesdays from 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m. The Closet is on the Community Services Campus at 1801 S. 35th Avenue in Phoenix.
- Community Market Individual and group volunteers are welcome to help clean, package, and organize food items to give away to struggling neighbors at our Community Market. Days we need help include:
- Mondays, 12:00-1:30p.m.: First shift of food box packing for Tuesday
- Mondays, 1:30-3:00 p.m.: Second shift of food box packing for Tuesday
- Mondays, 3:00-4:00p.m.: Clean up from packing food boxes
- Tuesday 9:00a.m.-12:00 p.m.: Food box distribution to individuals and families
- Hope Coach
- Riders Ride along with the Hope Coach van, a truly moving outreach ministry! Join Chaplain Cliff in hitting the streets of Phoenix to distribute food, water, hygiene kits, and other items to homeless men, women, and families. You can also pray for these homeless neighbors and encourage them to come to our shelter. Volunteers must be 18 or over.
- Hope Coach Sack Meals We need 100 meals per day, 6 days per week. Meals are taken to homeless folks on the street. These can be made off-site in your home with friends, family or small group. Click here for instructions for Hope Sack meals.
- Hope Totes hygiene kits As part of the Hope Coach ministry, we provide Hope Totes in gallon-sized re-sealable bags. Click here for instructions on making Hope Totes.
- Please call 602-346-3363 to schedule your delivery of either sack meals or hygiene bags.
- Meal Preparation at the Community Services Center Channel your inner sous chef and help our kitchen staff prepare meals for 200-plus people. On Monday through Friday, Lunch prep is 9:00-11:00 a.m. while dinner prep is 1:30-4:00 p.m. On Saturday and Sunday, lunch prep is from 9:30-11:30 a.m. (Breakfast prep and service are combined on Monday-Friday, 6:30-8:00 a.m. and Saturday-Sunday, 8:00-9:00 a.m.)
- Food Service at the Community Services CenterOpportunities to serve breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the CSC are available to volunteers ages 14 and over (under 18 requires adult supervision). On Monday through Friday, breakfast prep and service is 6:30-8:00 a.m., lunch is 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., and dinner is 4:30-6:00 p.m. On Saturday and Sunday, breakfast prep and service is 8:00-9:00 a.m. and lunch is 1:00-2:00 p.m. Reserve your spot today!
- Food Service at the Changing Lives Center Encourage the ladies and children at the CLC dining hall by being there to serve meals to 100+ people. Meal service volunteers are needed on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 7:00-9:00 a.m. for breakfast, 12:00-2:00 p.m. for lunch, and 4:00-6:00 p.m. for dinner. We also need folks to prepare sack meals on Wednesdays from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Learning Center Tutors We are in GREAT need of math tutors, Monday through Friday, 10am-12pm OR 12pm- 2pm. Tutors are also needed to lead job readiness programs including resume workshops, interview skills and preparation, financial coaching, and GED preparation.
High Impact Opportunities
Looking for a long-term commitment as a volunteer? Do you have a skill that could help others? Consider becoming a High Impact Partner! Here are a few opportunities:
- Childcare at the Changing Lives Center If you would love to rock a baby, teach a 2-year-old his ABCs, or spend some quality time with amazing kids, then working with the CLC Children’s Department is for you. Opportunities include teacher’s assistants and childcare helpers. (A Level One Fingerprint Clearance and a negative TB test is required.)
- Female Physical Fitness Trainer If you are a certified personal trainer or aerobics instructor, we need you to help teach classes at the CLC.
- AdministrationWe need of a team of volunteer receptionists and administrative aids to help for a few hours, Mon-Friday, at the Mission Support Center, our administrative offices, located at 1468 N. 26th Avenue in Phoenix.
- Licensed Plumbers, Electricians, and Construction Industry Professionals Be part of a team that helps with repairs and other needs at our facilities.
- Worship Leaders, Singers, or Part of a Worship Band We want to create a regular rotation of teams to lead in our Sunday night chapel services at the Community Services Center. Audition required.