No matter your skills or talents, no matter how much time you’ve got, whether you’re an individual or part of a group . . . you can begin to transform a life today!
To sign up, fill out the Volunteer Application and let us know how you would like to serve!
Once you're accepted you can always schedule a time by contacting Volunteer Services at (602) 346-3363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register yourself or your group as a volunteer for any of our events, contact Volunteer Services at (602) 346-3363 or email@example.com.
- Community Easter Outreach | March 19, 2016 Easter is early this year, and our Community Easter Outreach to benefit low-income children and families is even earlier, March 19th! We will be in need of sponsors for the activities as well as large groups of volunteers to run everything! Click here to view the event details, including how to sign up for assistance, sponsor a part of the event, and volunteer!
Looking to serve for a few hours? Whether you want to volunteer once or often, we could really use your help! Here are some opportunities that may fit your schedule and take place regularly.
- Despite Arizona Budget Cuts, Fill-A-Bag, Feed-A-Family is GrowingFacing a $1 billion budget deficit, Arizona's legislature has reduced the lifetime limit for welfare recipients to the shortest window in the nation. It is estimated that the food stamp benefits for 40,000 in Arizona will expire between January 1st and July 1st. Here at the Mission, we view this as an opportunity to meet needs and build relationships! We are off to a running start in Phoenix, Tempe, Buckeye, Mesa, and Fountain Hills, where a percentage of bags collected will go directly to Christ-centered food pantries in the areas of participating fellowships in this metro-wide program. We are hoping to stir the body of Christ in unity to display the love of Jesus to our city. If you are interested in volunteering or getting more information about Fill-A-Bag, Feed-A-Family, click here to see the info page or contact our Mission Sharing Coordinator, Tom Crandall, at (602)346-3383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We Need Mr. Clean!We need a group of 5-6 people every Saturday from 9:00-11:00am to do a detailed deep cleaning at our Community Services Center's kitchen and dining hall. Come one time or several!Call the Volunteer Hotline at 602-346-3363 to sign up.
- Sack Meals for the Hope CoachCould your family, group, or business help keep the Hope Coach stocked up with supplies for the men and women on the streets? Sack meals can be delivered Monday-Friday, but we need to know you are coming, so please call (602)346-3363 to schedule your delivery.
- Sunday Night DinnerIf you have a group of 10-20 and would like to help make dinner on Sunday night at the Community Services Center a special occasion, we are looking for groups to provide a hot, evening meal at 4:30. This would entail providing the food, preparing it, and serving it. For church groups, the meal could be followed by teaching and worship for our 6:00pm Recovery Program Chapel.
- Community ClosetHelp Needed! We need several folks to help sort and hang clothes for our new Community Closet on Mondays from 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m. and to help our shoppers on Tuesdays from 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m. The Closet is on the Community Services Campus at 1801 S. 35th Avenue in Phoenix.
- Community Market Individual and group volunteers are welcome to help clean, package, and organize food items to give away to struggling neighbors at our Community Market. Days we need help include:
- Mondays, 12:00-1:30p.m.: First shift of food box packing for Tuesday
- Mondays, 1:30-3:00 p.m.: Second shift of food box packing for Tuesday
- Mondays, 3:00-4:00p.m.: Clean up from packing food boxes
- Tuesday 9:00a.m.-12:00 p.m.: Food box distribution to individuals and families
- Hope Coach
- Riders Ride along with the Hope Coach van, a truly moving outreach ministry! Join Chaplain Cliff in hitting the streets of Phoenix to distribute food, water, hygiene kits, and other items to homeless men, women, and families. You can also pray for these homeless neighbors and encourage them to come to our shelter. Volunteers must be 18 or over.
- Hope Coach Sack Meals We need 100 meals per day, 6 days per week. Meals are taken to homeless folks on the street. These can be made off-site in your home with friends, family or small group. Click here for instructions for Hope Sack meals.
- Hope Totes hygiene kits As part of the Hope Coach ministry, we provide Hope Totes in gallon-sized re-sealable bags. Click here for instructions on making Hope Totes.
- Please call 602-346-3363 to schedule your delivery of either sack meals or hygiene bags.
- Meal Preparation at the Community Services Center Channel your inner sous chef and help our kitchen staff prepare meals for 200-plus people. On Monday through Friday, Lunch prep is 9:00-11:00 a.m. while dinner prep is 1:30-4:00 p.m. (Breakfast prep and service are combined on Monday-Friday, 6:30-8:00 a.m.)
- Food Service at the Community Services CenterOpportunities to serve breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the CSC are available to volunteers ages 14 and over (under 18 requires adult supervision). On Monday through Friday, breakfast prep and service is 6:30-8:00 a.m., lunch is 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., and dinner is 4:30-6:00 p.m. Reserve your spot today!
- Food Service at the Changing Lives Center Encourage the ladies and children at the CLC dining hall by being there to serve meals to 100+ people. Meal service volunteers are needed on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 7:00-9:00 a.m. for breakfast, 12:00-2:00 p.m. for lunch, and 4:00-6:00 p.m. for dinner. We also need folks to prepare sack meals on Wednesdays from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Learning Center Tutors We are in GREAT need of math tutors, Monday through Friday, 10am-12pm OR 12pm- 2pm. Tutors are also needed to lead job readiness programs including resume workshops, interview skills and preparation, financial coaching, and GED preparation.
High Impact Opportunities
Looking for a long-term commitment as a volunteer? Do you have a skill that could help others? Consider becoming a High Impact Partner! Here are a few opportunities:
- Childcare at the Changing Lives Center If you would love to rock a baby, teach a 2-year-old his ABCs, or spend some quality time with amazing kids, then working with the CLC Children’s Department is for you. Opportunities include teacher’s assistants and childcare helpers. (A Level One Fingerprint Clearance and a negative TB test is required.)
- Female Physical Fitness Trainer If you are a certified personal trainer or aerobics instructor, we need you to help teach classes at the CLC.
- AdministrationWe need of a team of volunteer receptionists and administrative aids to help for a few hours, Mon-Friday, at the Mission Support Center, our administrative offices, located at 1468 N. 26th Avenue in Phoenix.
- Licensed Plumbers, Electricians, and Construction Industry Professionals Be part of a team that helps with repairs and other needs at our facilities.
- Worship Leaders, Singers, or Part of a Worship Band We want to create a regular rotation of teams to lead in our Sunday night chapel services at the Community Services Center. Audition required.