Hunger looks a lot like you and me.
It knows no age, race, or gender. But it is fundamentally tied to poverty — and poverty is rampant in Arizona. Hope for Hunger Food Bank is an outreach of Phoenix Rescue Mission dedicated to addressing both hunger and poverty.
How to receive assistance:
- We’re open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to Noon (first-come first-serve, local walk-ins welcome with proof of address)
- We’re located at 5605 N. 55th Avenue, Glendale, AZ 85301
- Please line up in the first 4 rows in the drive-in theater parking lot across the street
- We will be serving Glendale and Peoria addresses only
- To receive assistance, we require an ID and proof of residence (typically a utility bill or other piece of mail with your address)
- We offer weekly bags to those who currently do not have a home address
- Food carts are issued per household (not per person)
- Each household is allowed 2 visits per month and must have at least three days in between visits
- If you have more questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a food donation:
- Hope for Hunger accepts food donations during our open hours, 8:00 am to Noon, Monday through Friday
- We do not accept expired food, homemade, or large bulk donations that cannot be separated for individual use
- We do not accept previously distributed Hope for Hunger food items
- After hours, please deliver all non-perishable foods to our Donation Warehouse, located at:
2515 N. 34th Drive Phoenix, AZ 85009 (602) 346-3347 Open Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
- If you would prefer to make a monetary donation in support of the ongoing work taking place at Hope for Hunger
Providing healthy meals
to those who need it
Every day, Hope for Hunger Food Bank provides emergency food along with case management and job assistance for roughly 200 families each day in Glendale and parts of Phoenix and Peoria. The food bank is a true beacon of hope to the community — a place where caring volunteers come together as the hands and feet of Jesus — creating healthier, stronger futures and lives transformed.
One in 6
Arizona kids face hunger
of Maricopa County residents don’t always know where their next meal is coming from
“food desert” neighborhoods across the County, with no close access to health produce
Can you volunteer?
The food bank is volunteer-driven and we invite you to join us in this life-changing ministry helping serve our hungry neighbors.
“It’s about the community coming together. We need to focus on building a stronger community here if we are going to raise it up.”
Help serve our neighbors
“I came here for food for me and my family, but I was also three days away from losing my home. We were missing meals and facing the streets. The Mission not only gave us food, they led us to help that allowed me to keep my home. Now I know the Lord guided me here, and He changed my life. I just want to thank Phoenix Rescue Mission so much.”