In todays’ always-on, 24-hour news cycle, we’re never short of new things to worry about. It feels like the world is on fire, and fear hangs in the air.
But we don’t need to let fear rule over us.
The scriptures outline the remedy to anxiety and dread in four simple steps:
- Be still and know that I am God (Psalm 46) – Reminding ourselves who God is not only corrects our perspective, it allows us to unload our worries on the One who is truly in control.
- If anything is Excellent or Praiseworthy, think about such things (Philippians 4:8) – By taking our thoughts captive and using our minds for something positive, we can actively replace our worries.
- Those who help others are helped (Proverbs 11:25) – When we focus on helping others, our worries are replaced with blessings. For instance, a Charitable Gift Annuity can benefit you, your family, and Phoenix Rescue Mission. Your gift gives you:
• An immediate tax deduction.
• Capital gains tax deferral.
• Increased income stream for life.
• An opportunity to put “good” in motion for generations to come.
- Who knows… you may be alive today for such a time as this (Esther 4:14) – Maybe God placed you in a unique position to change the life of someone you know.
We are all put here for a purpose. By contemplating our purpose, we can shift the focus off our own worries towards the hurting world around us.
If you’re unfamiliar with Gift Annuities, let’s chat! Call Adele at (602) 346-3323 or email at ADietrich@PhoenixRescueMission.org.