Much has changed since the Phoenix Rescue Mission occupied a humble chapel downtown. The Third Street Kitchen served roughly 40 meals a day in 1952. Fast forward to 2012, and the Phoenix Rescue Mission serves 5,865 meals a week! One thing has remained the same, and that is our commitment to ending hunger and homelessness. Phoenix Rescue Mission depends on the donation of a variety of goods in order to continue our Emergency Homeless programs, Recovery Program services, and to minister to those living on the streets.
- Non-perishable foods: We always need canned soups (especially canned stew and chili), powdered beverage mix, peanut butter and jelly, spices, seasonings and rubs, sugar, flour, salt and pepper.
- Meats and dairy: Due to limited availability at local food banks, the Mission can always use more hamburger meat, chicken, eggs, milk and lunch meats.
- Baby items: our Changing Lives Center is in desperate need of high chairs, diapers, rash cream, bottles, formula, sippy cups, children’s dishes, baby bath tubs, baby soap, towels, baby food, kid appropriate snacks, baby swings, monitors, exersaucers, baby gyms, baby bouncers. If you can hold a drive for these items, please contact Nicole Pena at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-346-3342.
CURRENTLY NEEDED ITEMS:
- Bottled Water
- Men’s Long-Sleeve T-Shirts, especially XXL and XXL
- Lip Balm
- Sample Size Toiletries
- Razors, Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
- Shampoo & Lotion
- Socks – Men’s & Women’s, New
- Underwear – Men’s & Women’s, New, All Sizes
- Jeans & Pants – Men’s, New or Gently Used
- Shoes & Work Boots – Men’s, New or Gently Used
- Bath Towels & Bed Pillows
- Gloves, Hats, Scarves and Jackets
- Sleeping Bags
- Reading Glasses
I would like to donate my car, boat or fine jewelry to the Mission.
Rather than take big ticket or luxary items directly, the Phoenix Rescue Mission works with idonate.com. Click here to learn more about our partnership.
What can I donate to the Phoenix Rescue Mission?
Perishable and non-perishable groceries, furniture, clothing, shoes and toys.
For more information on how you can help, please contact Greg Sterk at email@example.com or (602) 346-3331. Our donation center is located at 1468 N. 26th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85009 (SW corner of McDowell Rd. and 26th Ave.). Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you need an alternative time, please contact Larry at the above number to make an appointment.
Phoenix Rescue Mission does not sell or release any information about our donors to any other organization. Phoenix Rescue Mission is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization.