November 18 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Thanksgiving is right around the corner! If you're like me, you're already sizing up your options on where to spend Thanksgiving. Maybe you're planning on hosting a big feast for your family with all the traditional holiday dishes, complete with the always popular 'kids table' or maybe just a nice cozy dinner with friends.
This Thanksgiving, Phoenix Rescue Mission will be helping people in Phoenix who won't have those kind of options.
Here are three ways to get involved this holiday season:
1. Fill-A-Box, Feed-A-Family: A great, easy project for families or groups, it's literally filling a box with all the ingredients for a family to make Thanksgiving dinner in their own home. Throw in canned goods, decorations and a message for the family your helping. These boxes will be given at this distribution event on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, learn more HERE.
2. Donate a Frozen Turkey: We will be accepting frozen turkeys at the Mission's Community Solution's Center. These turkeys will accompany the Fill-A-Boxes given at our event.
3. Feed People at the Mission: $1.92 is all it takes to provide someone with a hot Thanksgiving dinner at Phoenix Rescue Mission. It's less than that morning latte and has a huge impact in giving hope to our guests. Sponsor a table, and provide delicious meals for our homeless and hungry neighbors. Whether you sponsor one table or 100, your gift will feed homeless people — and give them a chance to rebuild their lives. Donate HERE.
If you're not in the Phoenix area, I encourage you to reach out and donate to your local Rescue Mission, soup kitchen or food bank. Every agency feeding people will need your help to meet the growing population coming to them in need across the country this holiday season.
If you are interested in registering for the Community Thanksgiving event :
All of our registrations are done through our partnerships with school districts and community partners across the Valley. We have only allocated 100 slots for this event and you will have to sign up through PRM’s Mission Sharing program. If you are interested in registering for this event contact Oscar at email@example.com or Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are our partners for this year's Community Thanksgiving event.
- Redeemed Outreach Center
- Capitol Elementary School
- Phoenix Head Start
- Avondale Head Start
- Whole Life Foundation
- Murphy School District
- City of Peoria
- Arizona Department of Child Safety
- Hope for hunger Food Bank
- Skyway Church (Only for Thanksgiving)
If you would like to have a drive to support low-income families in our community have a happy and delicious Thanksgiving dinner this year, contact Catie at email@example.com