With the help of our dedicated volunteers, Phoenix Rescue Mission is able to serve all the men, women, and children who come to us in need. Some of our current service opportunities include:
Serve Meals at the Mission Daily - Opportunities to serve breakfast, lunch or dinner at the Mission are available to volunteers ages 14 and over (under 18 with adult supervision). Breakfast Prep & Service 5:30 am-8:00 a.m., Lunch 11:15 am-1:00 p.m., and Dinner 4:15-6:00 p.m. Reserve your spot today!
Meal Preparation – Channel your inner sous chef and help our kitchen staff prepare meals for 200 plus people. Prep volunteers must begin two hours before the meal is served.
Volunteer at the Changing Lives Center - If you would love to rock a baby, teach a two year-old his ABC’s or spend some quality time with amazing kids, then working with the CLC Children’s Department is for you. Opportunities include teacher’s assistants, child-care helpers, just to name a few. Urgent needs are listed below:
Babysitters Needed — Help in our Child Care Center while mothers in our program attend class. Positions open Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 12:30pm, 11:00 am to 2:30 pm, 2:30 pm to 5:30 and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. at the Changing Lives Center.
Street Outreach Opportunity – Ride along with our Hope Coach as we hit the streets providing food, water and basic needs to the unsheltered homeless this summer. Learn how you can be a part of the HOPE COACH EXPERIENCE.
Hope Tote Toiletry Pack – Assemble travel-sized toiletries, including: shampoo, lotion, lip balm, deodorant, toothbrush, tooth paste, disposable razor, bar soap or body wash, and personalized greeting card or Christian literature (tract) in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. These packs will be given out to homeless people living on the streets by our Chaplains who drive the Hope Coach.
Summer Relief Drive – Collect bottled water; sunscreen; chapstick; white athletic socks; hats with wide brims or baseball caps; white tee-shirts; and neck coolers for the Mission to distribute to the homeless this summer. Let’s make it a Summer of Hope.
Come Tour the Mission & Changing Lives Center - Phoenix Rescue Mission is an oasis not only for those who are thirsty and hungry but also for those who are hurting and in need of the Bread of Life. There are many different ways that the Mission reaches out to those in need. We are not the little soup kitchen of days gone by.
5 Ways to Help the Homeless This Easter Season
- Hold a drive for our Most Needed Items- As warmer temperatures approach, our shelter fills and our need for supplies to provide our most basic services increases. This Spring consider holding a drive for our most needed shelter items.
- Hold a Winter Relief Drive - Your church, group or organization can ease the winter chill by collecting bottled water, blankets, knit hats (beanies), lip balm and donating them to the Mission.
- Hold a company-wide “Pay for Casual Day” drive- Charge your employees to dress casually this month and donate the monies collected to the Phoenix Rescue Mission. Those dollars will help fund life-saving program such as, the Hope Coach, emergency shelter beds or provide meals, showers, clothing and shelter to those coming to us in need.
- Request a Jump Into Action presentation on homeless education from a Mission staff member for your school, church or group.
- Pray for the homeless who are vulnerable to the changes in temperature in Arizona and that they seek shelter from the elements this Spring.
For information on these and other volunteer opportunities, contact Sofia Ontiveros at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-346-3363.