This is a time of year when people genuinely want to give back. At Phoenix Rescue Mission we've been flooded with requests to volunteer and people asking how they can help if they don't have time to come down to serve. Here are a few ways you can help us feed and care for people this holiday season:
- Fill-A-Box, Feed-A-Family - This family to family project is a great way to teach children the joy of giving. We provide boxes and shopping lists to help families work together to feed the hungry. The estimated cost is $25 per box. Find out more.
- Adopt A Family - You can give hope this holiday season. Our Winter Wonderland program provides Christmas presents to 600 needy families. They choose presents for each other and have them wrapped on site by volunteers. It's a grand day for all! Find out more.
- Community Food Drive - We'll provide your organization with everything you need to collect food for the hungry this holiday season. From posters and boxes to donation lists, we can help you replace hunger with hope.
- Community Toy Drive - Hold a toy drive and collect new toys for the children and household items for parents who come to the Mission. If you don't have time to shop, give a donation online and the Community Engagement team will shop for you.
- Warm for the Winter Drive - Collect new or slightly used blankets or sleeping bags, jackets, hooded sweatshirts, sweat pants, new knit caps, new gloves, new socks and scarves. These items will be distributed at our Community Market and by our Hope Coach Drivers throughout the winter months.
- Hope Tote Toiletry Packs - Assemble travel-sized toiletries, including: shampoo, lotion, lip balm, deodorant, toothbrush, tooth paste, disposable razor, bar soap or body wash, and personalized greeting card or Christian literature (tract) in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. These packs will be given out to homeless people living on the streets by our Hope Coach.